I’ve researched about my penis and I’ve found out that I have PPP (pearly penile papules). Should I go see a doctor about this? And what type of doctor? I’m nervous telling my parents that we need to see one and I’m nervous about actually seeing the doctor, what should I do?

It’s normal to feel worried if you notice small bumps on your penis. It is possible that you have a condition called pearly penile papules (PPP), which is normal and not dangerous or contagious. PPP is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI), but if you’ve ever had unprotected sex, there are other conditions, such as genital warts, that can look similar. 

It is probably best that you make an appointment with your primary care provider to get checked. Do NOT try to pop or pick the bumps, and do NOT use any over the counter “wart remover” because these medicines are not meant to be used on your penis. If you don’t want to tell your parents specifically what you are worried about, you could simply tell them that you would like to see your provider for a check-up, or you could call your provider and make an appointment on your own. Your parents would probably want you to get checked, given you are concerned. What you tell your PCP in private is confidential, so don’t let worries about your parents keep you from getting the health information that you need.   

Source: Read Full Article