Get some inspiration from WH faves to help you smash your goals in 2018.
Still dreaming about this ?? HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE! I’m getting super excited for the week ahead, can’t wait to show you what I’m getting up toooo ? #leahitsines #toast #eeeeeats #bhgfood #healthyrecipes #recipe #video #buzzfeast #buzzfeedfood #feedfeed #f52 #f52grams #huffposttaste #foodblogfeed #mynourish #tastingtable
- Take more time out for myself! Once a week, do something for myself (massage, sauna, relaxations)
- Do more pilates & look after my body. After my injury, I did pilates and it felt incredible, but I stopped due to being busy (excuses!) so I need to get back!
- Create more beautiful content and recipes that can really HELP my following!
- Do more exciting things! I’d love to go shark cage diving, jump out of a plane or any other thrilling activities!
Nutritionist tip ? Be kind and flexible with food. We are so hard on ourselves when it comes to eating well… especially at this time of the year. To maintain a healthy and happy body during the holiday time, simply make the best choice available to you and allow there to be room for indulgence with moderation. Deprivation is not a good idea – as it backfires with overeating or bingeing – almost every time! Try all the holiday festive treats but still eat wholesome food to feel good! This is so important for a positive relationship with food. Oh and make healthy versions of your fav treats because you feel so much better afterwards … ya know?? ? If you are feeling guilty about food during this time – say some positive affirmations before meals such as, “I trust my body. My body thrives off balance" – they seem to help. Balance is so achievable during this time ☺️ I don't deprive myself of anything! Everything in small amounts! The JS way ✨ So freeing! Xx J
- To better slower and more mindful with everything I do.
- To be more present in my everyday life and enjoy the journey – not just focus on the outcome.
- To spend more time with my friends. The busier JSHealth becomes, the harder it has become to be social.
- To give the JSHealth brand my all – I have a big dream for 2018. I want to reach a larger audience.
- To have more patience with my creative ideas and realise things need more time.
- To find more stillness in my everyday busy life
- To easily get into crow pose in yoga! Ha! This means I need to TRUST more!
- Run a marathon. This is my biggest one for 2018! I write all of the running plans and am the running coach on our KIC Girls program and would love to work towards something with all of our gorgeous KIC Girls. Some girls will be working towards 5km (from never being able to run 100m before) or 10-20km so I want to challenge myself with them – they all inspire me so much.
- Switch off from social media at 8pm. I used to be so good at this and found I slept so well and spent more quality time with my partner, however of late this rule has gone out the window!
- Remember to take my vitamins every day. I love BEAR Immunity vitamins, and aim to take them every day to keep my immune system strong during busy work periods.
You know what one of the coolest things about our #kicgirls program is… the girls are motivating @laura.henshaw and I as much as we are motivating them. A couple of weeks ago a KIC GIRL posted in our FB community with a photo saying she had finally felt confident enough to wear shorts in public to the Gym. Now some people may think that’s silly, but I completely related to that post… and it motivated me to start feeling more comfortable about wearing shorts in public while working out. So thank you to the beautiful #kicgirls who bring so much love and support to our little fam ❤️ Encouraging all girls out there to get out there jiggly bits this summer!! Love the skin you’re in ??? @keepitcleaner / shorts: @adidasau
- Run 10km. Furthest I’ve ever run is 5km, and I really don’t enjoy it… but it’s something I want to tackle and get better at.
- Be more on top of my laundry haha! It gets out of hand!
- Prioritize time to catch up with old friends. Sometimes my schedule gets so busy I only have time to catch up with friends in the industry because they’re going to the same events that I am. But on the rare occasion I catch up with an old mate I have the time of my life, and it’s such a nice way to remove myself from the industry for a few hours and be around people who have known me for years.
STRETCH, STRENGTHEN + STABILISE… ? The 3 key elements of this movement on the Reformer. ?? STRETCH… hamstrings, glutes and hip flexors ?? STRENGTHEN… core, lateral stabilisers and arms ?? STABILISE… pelvis, hips and postural muscles . It’s the ultimate 3-in-1 workout!! ????⚡️⚡️ . . Wearing @p.e.nation Location @thewell_bondi #pilates #pilatesbody #pilatesreformer #stretch #strengthen #stabilise #3in1workout #thewellbondi #penation #bondibeach #lovepilates #bbls #bodybyleahsimmons
I don’t need to wait until the new year to make change! Every day I see how I can be better than yesterday… I’m committed to daily change… whatever year we are in!!
“Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve” – This week I was lucky enough to record a podcast with @brianacleanshred, talking mindset, setbacks, nutrition, exercise and daily habits. Link in bio…☝?
My NY is to practice more mindfulness. Mindfulness allows you to become more aware and therefore more present in your daily life. The only thing you have for sure in life is the present moment. Living in the present means letting go of the past and the worries or expectations of the future, and focusing on what you have now. Mindfulness helps you choose what you focus on and helps direct the mind to stop letting the past shape the future. It means that you can stop identifying your thoughts and reacting emotionally to them. The biggest advantage of mindfulness is that you can avoid unnecessary anxiety and stress. In mindfulness, there’s more joy, clarity, creativity, and energy.
Source: Read Full Article